We will take
care of your kids
OMH Day Care Centre
Indian Montessori Centre launches Indian Montessori Training Courses in Gurgaon from April 2016, in association with Our Montessori House.
What Parents Say
- Our little one was inducted into OMH at the young age of 2 years. The teachers and staff at OMH were extremely supportive and recognised the fact that he had early milestones. They took adequate care to match him with children of his capability rather than age group so that his intellect and interest was piqued. The curriculum at the school is diverse and well rounded and ensures that children are treading on the learning path while enjoying the journey. As anxious parents we have often reached out to OMH with silly, basic and maybe annoying questions as times. Nandini has been extremely accommodative, patient and supporting and has always lent an ear to our concerns. She has also been an excellent counsellor in helping us choose the right school for our child, as he takes the next steps in his formative years. We are very thankful to Nandini and OMH for their invaluable contribution to our child’s development.
- I’m really glad that I decided to put my daughter in OMH. The teachers there teach from their heart and not from books. I must credit OMH teachers who ignite the fire of learning in the minds of the kids who are yearning for knowledge. It was indeed a beautiful learning experience for my daughter….thanks a ton!!!
- “It takes a big heart to shape little minds” Thank you so much for all of your hard work and all that you have done for Aarav and Ahana.Im sure they are going to have a bright and great future because of the foundation being so strongly rooted inside them. Thank you again for all your hard work. We truly appreciate it.
- It gives me immense pleasure to share my child’s experience at OMH. Early years of a child are the most crucial ones and requires a skill to groom and nurture his inquisitiveness. At OMH he has been inculcated with moral values, culture, respect, self belief and faith in Almighty. I am proud to say that now my son is a confident, independent and a smart child. I feel privileged to be associated with OMH and wish the entire team of OMH astounding success in all their endeavors.
- My son Advaith Pandalai studied at Our Montessori House between 2008-10. The two years helped Advaith turn from a shy two year old to a confident, polite and self assured four year old and it still holds him in good stead. He enjoyed going to school immensely and remembers his teachers and staff fondly. My fondest memory of Advaith during this period was his transition from being part of Sri Ramchanderji’s “Vaanar Sena” in his first year to being Sri Ramchanderji in his second year during their loveable skit for Dussehra/ Diwali!
- Education is the biggest investment you could ever make in your child and we are proud to say that we started Riana’s journey into the world of learning at OMH, under the capable guidance of Ms. Nandini Ghosh. She instills confidence in the child from a very young age which makes them achievers n go-getters from the beginning. Her methodology n Montessori approach helps the children grasp concepts in a simple way without putting any pressure on their tiny minds. Her one to one interaction with the children at the school helps her deal with every child in a specific way perfect for their overall growth. I am glad that I chose this beautiful school for my daughter where learning was made fun n easy setting the wheel in motion for her future years of learning.
Preschool session begins on Wednesday, 5th August, 2015 at OMH Vipul World
Points to Ponder
“Play Is The Work of the Child” – Maria Montessori
A child’s play is a child’s work. Play activities are essential to healthy development for children. The activities they engage in by children both stimulate and influence the pattern of the connections made between the nerve cells. This process influences the development of fine and gross motor skills, language, socialization, personal awareness, emotional well-being, creativity, problem solving and learning ability.
The most important role that play can have is to help children to be active, make choices and practice actions to mastery.
‘Our work as adults does not consist in teaching, but in helping the infant mind in its work of development.’ – Dr. Maria Montessori
What we all should realize is how important the absorbent mind is and that the first years of our life are crucial for our existence as adults. The absorbent mind is a unique kind of mentality that allows the child to absorb knowledge quickly and effortlessly. The child absorbs everything from the environment during his first years after birth and that is why the first plane of development is of main importance. During this period, the child has a different kind of mind. It does not matter whether what he absorbs is simple or complex because the child puts the same effort.
Art is one of the many ways children express themselves. Art is a way for children to communicate their feelings. It is through art that children develop their fine motor skills. In the Montessori environment, we provide open-ended art activities that help children explore and use their creativity.
Most 2- to 6-year-old children are in the fundamental movement phase of motor development. They are also in the Sensitive Period for movement. The sports activities done with them during these years facilitate children’s acquisition of mature locomotor skills, object control skills, and stability, all of which are developmentally appropriate fundamental movements for young children. Through practice, the child further develops order, concentration, coordination, and independence.